DragonWeek lets you take a breath, engage with something new, and explore new interests.
Following winter break, you'll return to school in January for DragonWeek, a special intersession between first and second semester. Each student selects one course or experience to pursue for the week, providing an enriched experience beyond the traditional curriculum. DragonWeek gives both students and teachers the opportunity to pursue personal interests through ungraded, immersive experiences in the arts, humanities, science, and technology.
Some courses and activities from past years include:
- Forensic Science
- Building, Creating, Tinkering, and Fixing Class
- Los Angeles Studio Art Trip
- Greece is the Word: An Investigation of the Origins of Western Culture
- Virtual Reality Sculpting with 3D printing
- Bay Area Ecology and Nature Journaling
- A Diverse History of Mathematics
- Exploring Local Tech Companies
- Build A Bike: A Makers Workshop
- Science, Technology, and Innovation: A Hands-On Approach
- American Sign Language Poetry & Music Translation