Guidelines for Parents & Guardians
We understand that distance learning can be incredibly challenging for our families.
It can open up a whole new set of challenges and exacerbate already existing ones.Our hope in developing the guidelines below is to help families think about ways they can help their child in a distance learning environment. We appreciate that following some or all of these guidelines may not be possible for everyone, so we encourage families to reach out to their students’ classroom and Core teachers should the need arise. In addition, Mid-Pen staff will continue to research ways to best assist all of our students.
- Creating a Learning Space
- Establishing Routines and Expectations
- Monitoring Communications from Mid-Pen
- Checking In Daily with Your Child
- Taking an Active Role in Helping Your Child Process and Own Their Learning
- Encouraging Physical Activity and Exercise
- Remaining Mindful of Your Child’s Stress or Worry
- Keeping Your Children Social and Setting Rules around Social Media