Summer@Mid-Pen Daily Schedule
We want our Dragons to have a fantastic experience during Summer@Mid-Pen.
As a reminder, Mid-Pen continues to follow all health and safety protocols in our COVID-19 Safety Plan (CSP) and our Community Agreement. We will update Mid-Pen’s CSP and Community Agreement once we receive new school guidance from the California Department of Public Health and San Mateo County’s offices of education and health.
- Students will attend classes on campus Monday through Friday, from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm. Our sports workshops will still take place Wednesday through Friday, from 2:45 to 4:15 pm. Download our daily schedule.
- All students will check in at the cul-de-sac. We will not use the Visitu health screening app this summer.
- Summer session classes will be held outdoors; students should dress appropriately for changing weather conditions and bring sunblock, water, and a hat.
- On Thursdays, Mid-Pen will provide lunch to students, who will pre-order their meals earlier in the week. The order form will be available each Tuesday in the summer E-Blast.
Students enrolled in our summer program are expected to be on campus. Distance learning is only available to students with a medical exemption.
If your child is unable to attend class due to illness, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 am on the day of their absence.
Weekly COVID-19 Testing
Weekly COVID-19 testing is required for students to attend classes on campus. We will continue to provide testing on campus via Agile Force. Students must test the Wednesday before they attend a summer session.*
Our test dates are:
- Wednesday, June 9
- Wednesday, June 16
- Wednesday, June 23
- Wednesday, June 30
Please sign up for appointments in advance of these testing dates. Students should bring their completed Patient Information Form and a copy of their health insurance card on the test date. If needed, the student should bring an Uninsured Patient Form.
Families who opt to test using a different provider for their child must email results to Jorge Rodriguez, our Director of Teaching, Learning, and Equity, by the Friday before a summer session start date.
*As we follow state education COVID-19 guidelines, vaccinated students are still required to take a COVID-19.
Student Travel Guidelines
We know COVID-19 travel guidelines can be confusing. Following are Mid-Pen’s student travel protocols.
Students Traveling Out of State:
- Vaccinated: No testing or quarantine is required; please provide proof of vaccination to our Registrar, Andrea Henderson, via email.
- Unvaccinated: Students should quarantine and take a COVID-19 test on day 5. Students can return to campus with a negative test. If a student opts not to get tested, they should quarantine for 10 days.
Students Traveling Out of Country:
- Vaccinated or unvaccinated: Students should quarantine and take a COVID-19 test on day 5. Student can return to campus with a negative test. If a student opts not to get tested, they should quarantine for 10 days.
If your family does have out-of-state or international travel plans that could impact your child’s participation in Summer@Mid-Pen, we ask that you contact Jorge Rodriguez via email in advance.
We look forward to seeing our Dragons on campus for Summer@Mid-Pen. Do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions about our summer program or our health and safety protocols.
Who to Contact
Summer@Mid-Pen Coordinator: Michelle Boire, email@example.com
COVID-19 Testing: Jorge Rodriguez (Director of Teaching, Learning, and Equity), firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Safety Plan: Charlene Prince Birkeland (Director of Communications), email@example.com